ISPN Annual Meeting 2019 – Travel scholarships
Each year, ISPN wishes to encourage younger people from low and lower-middle income countries (per World Bank classification) to attend and present at the ISPN Annual Meeting.
10 ISPN Meeting Attendance Scholarships of USD 2,000 are available on an annual basis.
ISPN Meeting Attendance Scholarship
The ISPN Meeting Attendance Scholarship (10 x USD 2,000) is to be used towards registration, travel and accommodation at the ISPN 2019 Annual Meeting in Birmingham, UK.
The scholarship will be transferred after you have attended the ISPN 2019 meeting.
To apply for the Meeting Attendance Scholarship you should fulfill the following criteria and complete the online submission application at the bottom of this page:
- Submit an abstract for the meeting, which needs to be accepted for presentation (submit your abstract before the 1 April 2019 deadline)
- You have to be under 35 years of age by the time of the deadline
- You should come from a low or lower-middle income country per World Bank classification – You will be requested to upload a proof of income at during the application
- You have not received any ISPN support previously
- You have to be professionally involved in neurosurgery for children
- You need to provide a written letter of support (head of department/ISPN member)
You will only receive the Scholarship when you have attended the meeting.
Please note that ISPN membership is not required to be eligible for the scholarship. However, we do encourage you to join ISPN as a member.
Abstracts should be submitted by the 1 April 2019 deadline. You will be notified of the result of your submission by 21 May 2019.
Your scholarship application can be submitted until Thursday 18 April 2019.
Submit your application by completing the application form below and selection will be done according to the criteria.
You will be informed about the result of your scholarship application in early May 2019.
ISPN Annual Meeting Attendance Scholarship Winners 2018
The following 10 promising young people with an interest in pediatric neurosurgery were awarded an ISPN Annual Meeting Attendance Scholarship to attend the Annual Meeting in Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Victoria Tcherbbis Testa, Argentina
- Abenezer Tirsit Aklilu, Ethiopia
- Lakshmi Prasad Govindaraju, India
- Sergei Kim, Russian Federation
- Maguette Mbaye, Senegal
- Inthira Khampalikit, Thailand
- Peter Kato Ssenyonga, Uganda
- Taras Havryliv, Ukraine
- Andriy Smolanka, Ukraine
- Davron Kadyrov, Uzbekistan
ISPN Annual Meeting Attendance Scholarship Winners 2017
- Toni Dimitrov Kondev, Bulgaria
- Mohamed Mohsen Amen, Egypt
- Mayank Garg, India
- Lalgudi Srinivasan Harichandra, India
- Shweta Kedia, India
- Nishanth Sadashiva, India
- Gopa Sedain, Nepal
- Hammed Oshola, Nigeria
- Sarah Ive, South Africa
- Nodirbek Kadirbekov, Uzbekistan