ISPN Meeting Attendance scholarships – 2020
Each year, ISPN wishes to encourage younger people from low and lower-middle income countries (per World Bank classification) to attend and present at the ISPN Annual Meeting.
10 ISPN Meeting Attendance Scholarships of USD 2,000 are available on an annual basis.
ISPN Meeting Attendance Scholarship
The ISPN Meeting Attendance Scholarship (10 x USD 2,000) is to be used towards registration, travel and accommodation for the ISPN 2020 Annual Meeting in Singapore.
The scholarship will be transferred after you have attended the ISPN 2020 Annual Meeting.
To apply for the ISPN Meeting Attendance Scholarship you should fulfill the following criteria and complete the online submission application at the bottom of this page:
- Submit an abstract for the meeting, which needs to be accepted for presentation (submit your abstract before the 4 May 2020 deadline)
- You have to be under 35 years of age by the time of the deadline
- You should come from a low or lower-middle income country per World Bank classification – You will be requested to upload a proof of annual income during the application
- You have not received any ISPN support previously
- You have to be professionally involved in neurosurgery for children
- You need to provide a written letter of recommendation (head of department or ISPN member)
You will only receive the Scholarship after you have attended the meeting.
Please note that ISPN membership is not required to be eligible for the scholarship. However, we do encourage you to join ISPN as a member.
Abstracts should be submitted by the 4 May 2020 deadline. You will be notified of the result of your abstract submission by 16 June 2020.
Your scholarship application can be submitted until Monday 18 May 2020.
Submit your application by completing the application form below and selection will be done according to the criteria.
You will be informed about the result of your scholarship application by late June 2020.
ISPN Meeting Attendance Scholarship Winners 2019
The following 10 young people with an interest in pediatric neurosurgery were awarded an ISPN Annual Meeting Attendance Scholarship to attend the 48th Annual Meeting in Birmingham, UK.
- Ghassen Gader, Tunisia
- Cleiton Formentin, Brazil
- Amparo Saenz, Argentina
- Salman Mohammed Shaikh, India
- Elam Mesfin Sebagades, Ethiopia
- Binod Rajbhandari, Nepal
- Florencia Ferraro, Argentina
- Mohamed Mohsen Amen, Egypt
- Muhammad Arif Hossain, Bangladesh (could not attend due to VISA restrictions)
- Mohamed Safouane Ben Achour, Algeria
ISPN Meeting Attendance Scholarship Winners 2018
The following 10 promising young people with an interest in pediatric neurosurgery were awarded an ISPN Annual Meeting Attendance Scholarship to attend the Annual Meeting in Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Victoria Tcherbbis Testa, Argentina
- Abenezer Tirsit Aklilu, Ethiopia
- Lakshmi Prasad Govindaraju, India
- Sergei Kim, Russian Federation
- Maguette Mbaye, Senegal
- Inthira Khampalikit, Thailand
- Peter Kato Ssenyonga, Uganda
- Taras Havryliv, Ukraine
- Andriy Smolanka, Ukraine
- Davron Kadyrov, Uzbekistan
ISPN Meeting Attendance Scholarship Winners 2017
- Toni Dimitrov Kondev, Bulgaria
- Mohamed Mohsen Amen, Egypt
- Mayank Garg, India
- Lalgudi Srinivasan Harichandra, India
- Shweta Kedia, India
- Nishanth Sadashiva, India
- Gopa Sedain, Nepal
- Hammed Oshola, Nigeria
- Sarah Ive, South Africa
- Nodirbek Kadirbekov, Uzbekistan